photo and tweets via - @JonnyBones
So what does Jon "Bones" Jones think of the four big shots competing on 'UFC on FOX 4' tonight? The promotions light heavyweight champion certainly wasn't shy when he shared his thoughts with us via his official twitter account recently. Lets take a quick gander at what a man who has been in the cage with all four of these men - and finished each one rather easily- had to say.
• My prediction: I got Shogun by decision after a predominant striking match. Vera could make it more interesting if he uses takedowns.
• I could see Machida stopping the fight, out classing Bader with good foot work and fast strikes. Bader needs to turn it into a brawl.
• One thing Vera does very well is fight in 2 different stances. It's hard to prepare for what you don't know is coming.
• Bader has a fast and powerful overhand right. The same punch Shogun finishes Lyoto with...man you never know with MMA. Gotta love it.
• Out of the four guys Lyoto was the toughest puzzle, Brandon had the biggest mouth, Bader felt the strongest, Shogun lasted the longest. lol.
• Just having a little fun. I really do want to wish all 4 guys good luck this weekend. Do your best, I'll do mines on the 1st.
Jones will be taking on Dan Henderson on September 1st as he mentions above. It will be the fourth title defense for the promotions wunderkind in less than a year. No one has successfully defended the UFC light heavyweight strap four times since Chuck Liddell did it during is 770 day run as champ.