Tuesday, July 3, 2012
Top 10 quotes from today's 'UFC 148' press conference in Las Vegas
It was the second faceoff of four in regards to the biggest rematch of all time. The 3rd will come at Friday's weigh-in and the final one will take place inside of the Octagon before these two gentleman exchange everything they've got for 25 minutes, or less. All jokes aside, would you guys tune in if these two signed up for a sitcom together? I mean, the chemistry between Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen has to be better than any other rivalry in sports history.
After the break you can find the top ten quotes that came out of today's pre-fight press conference inside of Lagasse's Stadium.
10."Yes." - Anderson replies, sticking to his statement about inflicting injury upon his opponent. Short and sweet. Daniel Bryan would approve.
9. "After this fight I will do the same thing I always do, which is take my Aunt Paulette out and get her a lobster tail." - Chael shows his family roots.
8. " Chael tested positive for steroids. He offended a nation. He's been charged with a crime. How can you take anything this guy says for real. This guy's ridiculous." - The Spider has been doing his research.
7. "He tried to talk down to me like I'm Vitor Belfort and I'm gonna wilt and go in the corner. The fact is, I've been trying to pick a fight for two years, and it looks like I found what I'm looking for." - Sonnen on Silva's conference call explosion.
6. "On Saturday night, there's gonna be one more in the win column, one more for the highlight reel, and one more for the bad guy." - Chael channels Tony Montana.
5. "He was in his most dominant position for most of the fight. If I was in my most dominant position for a few seconds, the fight wouldn't of went the way it went. The other fighters that I've faced in the UFC are much more qualified than Chael. I beat up a guy for 5 rounds in Abu Dhabi, and this guy (Demian Maia) submitted him in seconds in the UFC. " - Silva did not hold back at all during this presser. He states the facts.
4. "Why are you asking questions in english? Anderson sits here like he doesn't understand you. Ed Soares interprets, and we gotta hear it a second time. First off, he speaks English. And second, we could replace Ed Soares with an app I could download for 9.99." - Chael got some hearty guffaws with this one proving that Ed Soares translation/app download humor never gets old.
3. "Yes, of course I will. At the end of the day, this is a sporting event. I've trained martial arts my whole life. And one thing that was taught to me is that I respect all my opponents. He falls under the same category. Even though everything that he's said, I'm gonna respect him because that's the way I was raised, and I was trained to think that way." - Silva's response to being asked if he will embrace his opponent after it's all said and done. True class.
2. " I have no words to really explain it, other than - the game is over. You guys will see on Saturday night about what I'm talking about. I don't have anything else to say other than... he's screwed" - Real talk via Anderson Silva. Holla.
1. "I'm like Jon Jones, I sound like Sean Combs, and I got trombone sized stones like John Holmes." - Chael starts off the presser with a bang.