Saturday, July 14, 2012
5 reasons to watch EllisMania 8
The 8th edition of EllisMania will take place tonight inside of The Joint in Las Vegas, Nevada. If you've witnessed an EllisMania event live or caught some of the highlights on FuelTV then you know it's must see tv. If not, then it's time to tune in, especially since tonight's event will be streaming live online in HD. Below you'll find 5 of the many reasons that you should give EllisMania a go tonight.
1. Forrest Griffin is going through a bit of a rough stretch. Sure, he did beat Tito Ortiz at UFC 148 over the 4th of July holiday weekend, the only press he got out of it though was that of the negative variety. After running out of the cage once the trilogy had expired, Forrest returned to the cage only to steal Tito's moment. The rest was history. Follow that up with the news that Forrest won the bout with the aid of TRT, yes he was approved for the drug, but unfortunately he'll have to answer questions about it for the rest of his career.
Tonight, at EllisMania 8, the former UFC light heavyweight champion won't have to answer any questions. So how exactly would one describe Forrest's job description tonight? It's simple. He'll serve as "the celebrity guy who punches everyone". Want a more in depth description? Fine. Forrest will be drunk, dressed as a sasquatch, and will be punching whomever he feels deserves it whenever he sees fit.
2. Jason Ellis' co-host Rawdog will be fighting once again, and of course it will be against the opposite sex. This time his opponent will be gorgeous porn star and cam model extraordinaire Ruby Renegade. Who says men can't fight women in combat sports? This may be the most anticipated co-main event of the year.
3. A one-armed fight between Danny and "The Dingo". Do I even have to explain who Danny and "The Dingo" are if you don't know. It's two dudes fighting each other. They are only allowed to use one of their arms. That's a good enough selling point in my book.
4. The unpredictability factor. We know Jason "Mayhem" Miller will be there and we know he'll do his part in entertaining the thousands of fans that show up to tonight's event. We also Ellis Show intern Danny O' Donnell will be fighting bikini and fitness model Alicia Lei. So aside from that what else can you expect at EllisMania? The unexpected of course. When you tune into Monday's show on SiriusXM Faction 41, the most discussed topic will likely be something that wasn't planned.
5. The Main Event of the evening. One time WEC lightweight champion and former 0-3 UFC fighter Gabe Ruediger will come out of retirement to take on "The Future" himself, Jason Ellis. Both men may respect each other, but it's been well documented that they are taking this particular fight seriously. Ellis boasts a 1-0 career MMA record but this fight will fall under the amateur boxing category. You have to respect Gabe "Godzirra" Ruediger as a complete mixed martial artist against a guy that has made his living being a skateboarder (the 7th greatest of all time) and radio show host. That said, this is a boxing match, and Ellis does pack some heavy punching power. A win over a fighter who once held a spot on the UFC's roster would just be another of many accomplishments to put on the seemingly endless resume of "Young Wing".
Visit EllisMania8 for all the information you need on how to order tonight's event. Check the official 'EllisMania 8: Shave My Friends Tonight' trailer after the jump.