Wednesday, June 20, 2012
UFC on Fuel TV 5: Dan Hardy gets Amir Sadollah for his return to Nottingham
It's been a minute since Dan Hardy has entered a bout coming off a win. On September 29th the Nottingham born fighter will be returning home for the first time since 2008 in an attempt to climb back up the ranks. Standing in front of him will be TUF Season 7 winner and leg kick mastermind Amir Sadollah.
It's well known that Hardy dropped four in a row and was on the chopping block before knocking Duane Ludwig senseless in Vegas last month. Sadollah on the other hand has come out on top in three of his last four, setting a record for the most leg kicks in a three five minute round fight against Peter Sobotta and elbowing DaMarques Johnson into submission in the process. His lone loss in that period was against Duane Ludwig, that fact has to give Dan Hardy a bit of confidence - you know the cocky and brash to some Hardy will mention this fact during pre-fight interviews.
As stated above, "The Outlaw" will be returning to his birthplace of Nottingham to fight for the first time in over four years. He's had his ups (Markham) and downs (Condit) in London, and he's also reeled off some victories in Manchester and Birmingham under the UFC umbrella. Hardy holds a 4-0 career record when fighting in Nottingham for the Cage Warriors promotion. Due to this being Hardy's homecoming you can only assume this fight will be a part of the UFC on Fuel TV 5: Struve vs. Miocic main card broadcast. Expect a gory affair between two veterans of the cage that are not afraid to mix it up when it comes to elbows from all directions and locations. This should be a muay thai clinic.
After the break you can find the full UFC on Fuel TV 5: Struve vs. Micoic card as it stands today.
UFC on Fuel TV 5
September 29, 2012
Capital FM Arena
• Heavyweight Main Event: Stefan Struve (24-5 MMA, 8-3 UFC) vs. Stipe Mioic (9-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC)
• Welterweight bout: Dan Hardy (24-10 MMA, 5-4 UFC)) vs. Amir Sadollah (6-3 MMA, 6-3 UFC))
• Bantamweight bout: Brad Pickett (21-6 MMA, 1-1 UFC) vs. Yves Jabouin (18-7 MMA, 3-1 UFC)
• Lightweight bout: Paul Sass (13-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC) vs. Matt Wiman (14-6 MMA, 8-4 UFC)
• Featherweight bout: Andy Ogle (8-1 MMA, UFC Debut) vs. Akira Corassani (9-3 MMA, UFC Debut)
• Featherweight bout: Jason Young (9-5 MMA, 1-2 UFC) vs. Robert Peralta (15-3 MMA, 2-0 UFC)
• Welterweight bout: Che Mills (14-5 MMA, 1-1 UFC) vs. Duane Ludwig (21-13 MMA, 4-4 UFC)